If you were in a car or truck accident, you might experience sudden and unusual sensations over the next several days. You must not ignore any of these sensations as they may be symptoms of injury to crucial parts of your body. For instance, the following symptoms can point to a possible spinal cord injury.
- Severe pain or pressure on your back, neck, and head
- A sudden feeling of stiffness in your neck
- Tingling in any part of your body, especially in your limbs and fingertips
- Numbness and inability to feel touch, especially in your extremities
- Spasms and loss of coordination and balance
- Sudden and frequent bouts of dizziness
A spinal cord injury is a serious matter, and it can lead to much worse conditions if you do not receive early and appropriate treatment.
What are your next steps?
Your primary concern should be determining the type and extent of your injury. If you experience any of the above symptoms, consider seeing your doctor. They may recommend going through various tests, such as X-rays and CT scans, to confirm or rule out damage to vital parts of your body.
Moreover, visiting your doctor not only ensures that you receive timely medical attention but also a formal assessment from a healthcare professional. You will need this evaluation to pursue a case or an insurance claim.
The days following an accident are critical, and you should not ignore any unusual sensations, regardless of how light or negligible they may seem. These symptoms can severely impact your health and quality of life, so respond quickly and appropriately.