SCOPE OF POLICY
This Policy does not govern the Law Office’s collection and use of information and data that you may provide in the course of legal representation which is governed by applicable Wisconsin ethical rules and guidelines.
TECHINICAL DATA AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
The Law Office automatically collects certain personally identifiable information through your use of the website, such as the following:
- Device used to access the website;
- The external website that directs you to this website; and
- The location from which you are accessing the website.
DATA VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED
In addition to the technical data automatically collected, the Law Office may also collect personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide to us. This includes:
- Your name;
- Your phone number;
- A home or physical address
- An email address;
- Any other information you may provide to interact without the website.
If the data is voluntarily provided to us is about another individual, you will be responsible for making sure that you have consent from the other individual to allow us to use their personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VOLUNTARILY PROVIDING THE LAW OFFICE WITH DATA AND/OR THE TECHNICAL DATA AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED, AS SET FORTH ABOVE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.
HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
The Law Office may share the data that we collect about you in the following ways:
- To respond to your inquires, process your requests concerning your personal information in our possession, to investigate and address your concerns and to monitor and improve our responses;
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup and analysis). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information;
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure
Be assured, the Law Office does not sell the data you provide to us.
The Law Office maintains commercially reasonable technical measures to protect and secure the data we collect and store from loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. If a breach of our system occurs, we will notify you only if and as required by law.
Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee absolute security and you provide personal information at your own risk.
COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
This website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you think we have collected data about a child under the age of 16, please contact me at [email protected] so that I may delete it.